Saturday, October 3, 2009

Just a quick note.

Well, I got my October square done (yay!) and my ten squares for the blanket done this week. I did not get sock A finished though (boo!) but I am hoping that maybe I can get it finished tomorrow. I have only 5-10 rows left to do on the foot and then the toe, so who knows, maybe it will happen.

There are only 10 squares left to do for my blanket though, so I am going to try to get those done this coming week and after that comes the fun of trying to piece them together for assembly! I have decided that this blanket will go in my baby's room and be her "big girl blanket" to have as she grows up. Hopefully it will be something she can cherish when she is older, knowing that I made it in the final days of my pregnancy and just after she was born.

Anyhoo. Other than that, I don't have a whole lot for you, except for the reveal of the September squares.

The pattern for this month was the Birthday Flower Square by Chris Simon, which was a fun square to make.

Here is my take on it:


And here is my sister's:


I mailed off her October square yesterday, so that means we only have one square left to make (since the square our mother contributed will count as the December pattern) before it is time to assemble the blankets. I can't wait to see how they turn out, and to share!

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed week!

Take care,
C



No comments: