Saturday, October 10, 2009

All kinds of progress to report!

Well, I have apparently thrown my "one project at a time" rule completely out the window. Thanks, Mom! (Don't look at me like that, you know I had to pick the habit up from somewhere.) So there are all sorts of things going on at the crochet front in Cori-land.

First up, I have finished all of the squares for my Flower Box Afghan, huzzah! I think I've figured out how I want to lay all of them out for assembly:

Tony decided he had to help with this part of the process. Anyhoo, so that's the major part of that project done. I am going to hold off on the assembly and border however, until after I have finished my next two projects. That's right, you heard me, I have two other projects on the hooks (and the yarn bought for a third).

First up, of course, you know about the socks I have been working on. Here's a shot of the completed first sock:

And let's see that on our lovely foot model:
I have to say, as much as I have been frustrated by my own mistake in making this sock, I actually think that my error is going to make for a much sturdier, longer-lasting sock. I always wear through the feet of my handmade socks ridiculously quickly, so I am hoping that this pair will last me a bit longer than previous socks. I will at least have to remember that stitch for the future--as annoying as it is, it might be worth the extra hassle. We'll have to see, I guess. I am currently two rows into the foot of the second sock of this pair. I am hoping, but not making any promises to myself, that I can get this done this week.

The reason I am holding off on the assembly of the big blanket and that I might not get the sock finished this week is project number three, which I do have to get done by Friday night, because it is a present for a baby shower I am going to next Saturday. I realize it is insane of me to start a baby blanket less than a week before I would need to give it to the recipient, but it just dawned on me Thursday that I could make a blanket for this person, so, yeah.

I am using a general pattern called "Linked Loops" to make this blanket. Here's what I've got so far:

It looks a little weird right now because it calls for making a series of chain loops in the first row of each color change. Once I get to the last row of the blanket, the loops will then all get linked together like so:


I think it will look really nifty if I can pull it off. Fingers are crossed.

Once I get these three projects finished off, I will start on project four. I got the yarn this week and am kind of excited about it. I am going to make Christmas stockings for myself, my husband, and our daughter. I figured that now that we are our own little nuclear family, we should have matching Christmas stockings.

Anyhoo, that's it for me. Wish me luck on the baby blanket! I hope you all have a supercalifragilisticexpialadocious week!

C

No comments: