Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oh it's been a crazy week.

After I finished my hubby's Valentine's Day socks, I kind of hit a crochet roadblock. I did get my mother in law's thank you socks done:

The pattern is the In Your Shoes Ankle Socks by Pam. I used up another skein of my Sock Ease (Lion Brand) yarn in Taffy for these. I haven't gotten to gift them to the MIL yet though, for reasons I'll get to below.

I had to put the Yoshi blanket on hiatus while I was getting these socks done--I was having issues finding the time to work on them. So after I got these done, I managed to make one row of Yoshi.

I finished the socks on Wednesday and got half a row of the blanket done that evening. I had planned to finish that row and get at least another half a row done on Thursday. The Powers That Be had other plans though, as at noon on Thursday our power went out due to the snow--yeah, Wednesday night through Thursday night we had record snowfalls down here in the DFW area. Oh joy. I would like to add at this point that one of the reasons I moved to Texas was actually to get away from this kind of weather. I told my husband if this kind of thing keeps up, we're gonna have to head further south.

Since, with the power out and a baby to entertain, I didn't have a whole lot I could do, I did actually manage to finish the first row of the blanket while the kiddo was having tummy time. Yay! Then, the power came back on right around two in the afternoon. Double yay! By that point I was just a bit stressed out and had resolved to take the rest of the evening off crochet-wise. This was probably a good idea. At about 9:45 p.m. on Thursday, our power went off again--and this time it didn't come back on until about 1 a.m. Saturday morning. Sigh.

We stayed at home Thursday night because it was almost bedtime anyway--but we were so stressed about the baby the whole evening, and also, it was freaking cold, that we ended up staying at a friend's place for most of the day and during the evening Friday. As I was already carting a baby around, as well as all of the stuff I thought we would need for her (and packing it all in the dark), I didn't even think to pack any of my crochet stuff up.

We got home yesterday morning to find the power on and I really almost cried I was so relieved. I am such a creature of habit, and this thing just threw me completely out of my element. Less than pleased Cori, to say the least. I just haven't felt like tackling any more crochet since then, though.

This is not to say it was a totally horrible weekend--even though the MIL couldn't come out Friday night because a) we didn't have power and it would have been weird for her to watch our kid at someone else's house, and b) she lives 45 minutes away and we weren't going to let her drive out here in that mess anyway, we did still end up going out for our Valentine's Day dinner at P.F. Chang's on Friday night, we just took the kiddo. She was very well behaved and we had a really nice time. My hubby loved his Valentine socks, too--he wore them last night and gave them his stamp of approval.

Today we met up with my step-sister that I haven't seen in about 11 years (and her boyfriend) for lunch, and that was a lot of fun. She's doing officer training down in San Antonio and her bf lives up here in the metroplex, so we decided to get together while she was in town visiting him. It was good times, and we plan to do it again the next time she is in the area.

Also, the MIL is coming out tomorrow afternoon to play with the baby, and we'll take her to dinner since her birthday is Thursday, so I'll get to give her the socks I made then, along with her actual birthday present. So, yeah.

I am taking tomorrow "off"--no chores or crochet--to hang out with my husband and baby, but I will resume my regular routine as of Tuesday. My first project on deck is the February sister swap squares. Then back to Yoshi.

Anyhoo, that's all I've got. I hope you all have a super week!

No comments: