Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ah, that pesky thing called life...

It just keeps getting in the way of things, doesn't it? My daughter hit six months this week. She's at this awesome point where she's starting to get playful and really wants to interact. Just last night she figured out how to "kiss" back--her Daddy and I always blow kisses at each other and at her, and now she has figured out to smack her lips and make a little "pop" sound whenever we do that at her. It is spectacular.

The downside of this, of course, is that she is only so patient with me putting her on the floor to play so that I can crochet, which is one of the few things I haven't yet figured out how to do while still holding the baby. I'm really not complaining, because I wouldn't miss any of this for the world, but it does mean that I am not getting nearly as much crochet done as I would like.

That isn't to say I haven't gotten any done, however. I got my sister's swap squares done and mailed off this week. Once I have confirmation that she has received them I'll post photos for you.

I also did get three rows of Yoshi done. I actually only have one row left of his head/neck and then it's on to the body.

Here's a shot of what he's looking like these days:


And, just for a size perspective, here he is with a six month old baby (future owner of this blanket):


Right after I took this she started trying to pick up his spikes (the orange squares). Seriously, so awesome.

Anyhoo, I have a few other projects lined up, but I think I will save them for our road trip in a couple of weeks and I am going to focus on Yoshi until then. I am past the halfway point and am really feeling motivated to power through on this for the moment.

So that's where I am at. I hope you are all doing wonderfully.

TTFN,
C

No comments: