Monday, February 1, 2010

2010 Swap

Hello! As promised, here are the details of the 2010 Square Swap my sis and I are doing. Yay!

As previously mentioned, we are each doing our own thing and suprising each other this year.

For the squares I am sending my sister, what I did was to actually design a blanket, made up of 48 small squares, that will be sent to her in 12 blocks of four. Then she can have fun assembling them!

Funnily enough, she is doing something similar, she designed a blanket as well and I will get to figure out how they go together.

The blocks I chose, all but one, come from the book 200 Crochet Blocks For Blankets, Throws, and Afghans by Jan Eaton.

The first block I made used three different kinds of blocks (out of five total in the blanket).

Here they are:

First up, Square #15, the Corner Square.


Second, this one I improvised, I will just call it Chunky Stripe Square.


And the third square is # 6, Textured Bluebells.


Here is the assembled first block of squares:


So there's the first chunk. I may not get to the next round this week, but I will aim to have it in finished and in the mail by the end of next week.

Also, I got the first square by my sister in the mail today, and it is gorgeous!



And that's all I've really got for you today, folks. I have a busy crocheting week ahead of me, so I am off to work on that. Have a great one!

No comments: