Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Variations on a pattern...

Here are two blankets I made using the pattern "Jesse's Square" from the 2007 Crochet Pattern a Day calendar.

I started one, then had to take a break and started the second, which was a gift for friends, then went back to the first one after I had finished blanket number two.

In the first, I made twelve of the squares in alternating wine red and heather grey. Then I took the second half of the square pattern (after it was squared off, since the center is actually circular) and repeated it in black around the blocks.

The second blanket is actually just one giant square. I started off with the circular center portion in oatmeal and then finished the original square pattern in dark red, then continued repeating the square portion of the pattern until it was blanket-sized.

I very much enjoy this pattern, it is fairly easy to make, and it looks very intricate. I may try it again using a smaller hook and more squares at some point.

Hobbes update: Well, I completely redid his belly last week. It looks the same, just not lopsided, which I realized it was after my last post. I have started and undone the head about four times now. I do think I've settled on how I am going to make the head at this point though. I think I am going to make the head solid orange except for the muzzle (white) and then stitch on the stripes afterward and see how that goes. Fingers are crossed. Ideally I'll get that done this weekend, but I guess we'll see. I have until next Friday.

Until the next post, I wish you all well and hope you have a happy week!


No comments: