Sunday, April 20, 2008

On to the next project.

Well, now that I've finished Hobbes (who went over quite well, by the way!), I'm on to my next project. This one will be a birthday present for a friend (the big 3-0). Her party is on May 3, so that's my deadline.

I'm just making this one a throw, and I'm using my giganto-hook. I am not actually sure what the size of it is, but it's that big plastic grey hook you can get at Wal-Mart or Joann's. I love it.

I've got seven skeins of the yarn I've chosen and am pretty much just planning to go until I have one skein left and then do a border. The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver in the color "Bay Print." It's a really pretty variegated yarn in dark blues and gray-greens with a bit of a sandy color as well. The colors make me feel like I'm at a lake in the mountains, so I am tentatively calling this one the "Lakeshore Throw." I'll get some pictures of it up this week, and you can see the actual yarn in a picture I put up a few posts back (the one with Mr. Picasso Pants).

I am still playing with the pattern a bit, but I think this is what I've settled on for now:

Chain 151.
Single crochet in second chain from hook and every chain across (150 sc).
Chain three, turn.
Double crochet in each sp across (150 dc).
Continue alternating rows with sc and dc.

I like how it's looking so far, we'll see if I can keep doing it without going crazy or if I end up ripping it all up and starting over with a new design...

Well, that's it for now. I wish you all a happy week!

Much love,
C

No comments: