Monday, April 14, 2008

Quick update on a finished project (yay!)...

Hey everybody, meet Hobbes.

Yay! I finally finished! I am doing a little happy dance! So is Hobbes, in fact...
I am oh so very glad I finished this, for oh so many reasons! I am very glad I made it, and I feel my friend will enjoy it. The body was pretty easy but the head I am pretty proud of (even if I still think it's a little too big). I ended up doing it in the round all orange until I got to the muzzle, and then I stitched on (cross-stitched actually) the stripes. I'm sure there's probably a better way out there to do it, but I think this worked well.





He's all nice and floppy like I feel the "real" Hobbes would be, and he's plenty cuddly. Not that I imagine my adult male friend will be doing much cuddling, but still. It counts in theory.

Now it's time to tackle my next project, another blanket. I am going to use my giganto-hook for this one in order to save on time and sanity. It makes for a quickly worked project and though it's a little looser weave, it comes out very soft. I'll keep you updated on that one. Also, I think I still have a few "archived" projects to share with you as well.

In the meantime, enjoy your weeks. Happy crocheting and existing to you all!



Peace,
C

(Mr. Picasso Pants wishes Hobbes could stay, but he understands he's going to a good home, and he'll probably get to visit him often enough.)

No comments: