Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Update...


So here is what my current project looks like so far.

I was trying to get it so you can see the pattern in the photo, which you sort of can. As I said in the last post, it's a really simple pattern, just a side to side alternating rows of double crochet and single crochet. But I am really pleased with how it's coming out. And you can see the yarn is so pretty. I think that's one of the reasons I am sticking with such a basic design really, so the focus is on the yarn.

Now if I can just make it through the whole blanket without dropping or adding any stitches anywhere and not realizing for twenty rows! I am kind of notorious for that. Well, I don't know if notorious is the right word--I am the only one I've ever discussed it with, so to speak. Suffice to say, it can happen if I am not paying close enough attention on a side to side project (which is why I usually stick to squares).

I had originally planned on making it a seven skein blanket--six skeins for the main body of it and one for the border. But it looks like I'm going to have to go pick up a few more (another bonus of using Red Heart, usually there's not too much risk of getting a bad match if you have to buy more yarn for your project at a later date). Still, it will be totally worth it. Besides, if it gets big enough and I have some yarn left over, maybe I can make myself a pair of socks with the extra. :o)

That's all I've got for now. It's raining here--again. I kind of wish it would stop. Sigh. But, tomorrow is my Friday because I have Friday off. My husband and I are going to the Rush concert Friday night. Friday should be a good day for crocheting because I went ahead and scheduled some errands for during the day since I'm off--oil change, dentist appointment, and of course I'm going to take the project with me to the show. I was working on my first pair of socks at the concert last August. It's almost becoming something of a tradition now.

Hope you all have a groovy and dry week!

Peace,
C

No comments: