Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October Swap Squares!

Just wanted to put up a quick post with our October squares for you! This month we used the pattern Gothic Square (I thought it would be appropriate) by Jan Eaton. The pattern is available in the book 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans.

I really do enjoy this pattern book, by the way. It is set up for the squares to each be 6" but they are all pretty adaptable to be any size you need/want just by changing the hook size or adding extra rows. If you like to make blankets and are constantly searching for new square patterns, I highly recommend this book as a good investment. Anyway, back to the squares...


Here is the one I made for my sis:


And the one she made for me:


Our November square (which I am planning to get done today) will the the last one we swap for the year, since our mom contributed a square to each blanket as well. So next month I'll also get pictures of the completed blankets posted! I feel a little bit bad because my sister seems to have approached this with a little more thought than I did, making a white border on each square so that they will be much easier to assemble into a cohesive whole, whereas I just made hers all willy-nilly--though I did at least make sure that each had a blue border...But we were discussing that a few days ago and she said she is thinking about maybe doing a row or two around each square using the same color to unify them a bit. So I will be very interested to see how that turns out. I don't know if we're going to do another swap for 2010, but if we do I will definitely be able to approach it in a more organized manner!

Anyhoo, I'll probably do another post later on in the week. I finished another pair of socks yesterday and I have started a vest. I also ordered the yarn for the Yoshi blanket last night and bought yarn last week for a blanket to make a friend for Christmas. Plus I have two or three more sock patterns I want to try out. So I definitely have all of my projects planned out for the rest of the year! Also, November is national Novel Writing Month, and I've challenged myself to actually do this--so I am sure I will spend plenty of time blogging in order to procrastinate!

Happy November all, I hope you have a spectacular week!

No comments: