Monday, November 9, 2009

Bye, bye, Miss American Pie...

Okay, American Pie has absolutely nothing to do with this post other than I was just listening to it a minute ago. Great song. Anyway, on to the crochet.

I finished the vest I was working on this evening, yay! I used the Ultra-Easy Vest pattern and Manos del Uruguay yarn in color #46, Malachite.

So here is my Manos Vest:


And here's a model shot as well:


This truly was a super easy pattern, just half-double crochet's all the way. I think if I make it again, I may try to give it some little sleeves, since I feel like the arm-holes are a little too big the way the pattern calls for them. The pattern comes with one for a matching hat that looks just as easy, but as I a) didn't have enough yarn, and b) probably wouldn't wear it anyway, I opted not to make it.

On another note, I absolutely LOVED this yarn. I got it because it called to me, and even though I had no idea what I would make with it, it had to come home with me. Then I finally found a project for it, and as I started working I realized that the thickness of the yarn varies throughout the skein. I really thought it might end up being a huge pain in the butt to work with, but it turned out to be an absolute delight. If I do end up taking up knitting, I am going to have to find more projects for this yarn, to be sure!

I have started on my Go Frogs! Afghan, have two rows (of ten) done. I will try to get some photos up in my next post. I am really digging how it is coming out so far.

And lastly, the yarn for my Yoshi blanket arrived today! This thing is going to take forever to make, but I think it will really be worth it in the end.

That's all I've got for now. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

"All we need is some ice cream and a hug..."

Peace,
C


No comments: