Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I know, I know...

This post is overdue, my apologies. I kept thinking to myself all weekend, man, I should put up my post already. And did I? Nope. Sigh. Sorry. I have no excuse. I am a slacker.

I don't have a whole lot to report at any rate. I am currently working on a blanket that will be a friend's Christmas present. I want to get that finished before I start on the Yoshi afghan.

My friend is a fellow TCU alumnus, so I decided I would make her a blanket in our school colors--purple and white. I am doing a checkerboard pattern of the two colors using Chris Simon's Gem Star square pattern. Here is a look at one of the squares:


It should be 10 rows of 12 squares each. I was going to do a black border, but I was looking at a square yesterday and figured out a really cool way I could do the border to mimic the pattern in the square, and I probably don't have enough black yarn to do that, so I may end up just making the whole thing white and purple. We'll see though.

Anyhoo, that's all I've got. Hope you all have a splendiferous week!

No comments: