Monday, August 24, 2009

She's here, she's here!

Sorry for the late post, but I've been kind of distracted this week. One of the best distractions ever to be sure. Last Monday at 12:42 p.m. my baby girl was born. So I've been spending the past week loving her and trying to figure out what to do with her and visiting with all of the family who has been in town to see her. Everyone has gone home now, sadly, but that just means that now the real adventure begins.

Meet Sylvia.


I am pretty sure she is going to end up with brown eyes like her mommy--they are a real dark slatey blue at the moment. But if she ends up with blue eyes like her daddy that's certainly okay too. She already takes after him quite a bit.

See, one sock off--that's Daddy's trademark:


Anyhoo, so, yeah, that's me at the moment. As far as crochet goes, I have a project in the works. It is the Flower Box Blanket from the March/April 2009 issue of Crochet Today. Here's a shot of the pattern for the square used in the blanket.


I've got seven and a half of the 56 required squares done. I am thinking it might take me a while to finish this one since I've got some other stuff on my plate at the moment (insert big grin here), but that's okay. This blanket will feature all of my scrap yarn from other projects and should hopefully make for a nice bright colorful afghan when done.

Anyhoo, hope you are all doing well! I will update as I can. Now it is nap time!

No comments: