Sunday, August 16, 2009

Update.

Well, no baby yet. I have been in the early stages of labor since yesterday morning (oh yay for 22 hours of steady contractions) but the hospital has sent me home twice already. At least the second time they gave me some Ambien so I had a chance of sleeping at least a little last night. Sigh.

Fingers are crossed that my water breaks sometime in the very near future so we can get this party officially started.

Anyway, no pictures for you today but I did start a new afghan this week. It is the Flower Box Blanket by Candi Jensen and appeared in the March/April 2009 issue of Crochet Today. I really like this pattern because it is basically just a granny square with a little flare.

My mom and I also found a really nifty little yarn store in my area this week as well. It's called Jenning Street Yarns and you can check it out here. Mom got a few skeins for socks that are really cool. I abstained from buying anything because I want to get this flower box blanket out of the way first--my primary goal with that is to put a serious dent in my leftover yarn from other projects. But it was definitely a nice little store and we had a lovely chat with the owner for a bit. I will for sure be going back in the future for my "fancy" (read: non-acrylic) yarn needs.

Well, that's what's going on with me this week. Now I am gonna go get back to the whole trying to have a baby thing. She is very clearly on her way and just as clearly taking her time, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Thanks! Until next time,
C

No comments: