Sunday, July 12, 2009

Progress report.

Well, I am pleased to report that I am clocking along quite nicely on the baby blanket I am working on at the moment.

I have 42 of the 48 squares finished. I plan to get the remaining 6 done today, hopefully, and then this week get them assembled and start on the border. There's finally a mattress and bedding in my baby's crib so I think getting this blanket done will be a nice final embellishment.

I've even got some photos so you can see how it's shaping up.

Here is one of a single square:


It's a little hard to see in the photo but these squares have a nice texture to them that I think gives the blanket a little bit of a "fancy" feel.

The squares are pieced together in alternating directions to further enhance the texture. That will look something like this:


And here's the pile of finished squares, waiting for the rest of their comrades and then assembly:


I feel as if I have been rather productive this past week, it's nice. I really do intend to try to get the whole thing at least assembled this coming week, but it is going to be a very busy few days, so we shall see.

Also, there probably won't be a post next weekend because we've got the baby shower on Saturday and a baby-related class at the hospital for most of the day Sunday. So the next post will definitely have shots of the finished project either way, I suppose.

Anyhoo, I hope you all are doing well. Have a wonderful week!

No comments: