Saturday, July 18, 2009

Done and done.

Boy am I beat! We had our baby shower today, and even as small as it was, it took a lot out of me. But it was a lot of fun and I am super thankful to my friends for throwing it and to everyone who came or sent along gifts. Good times.

But, now I am sitting at my computer uploading pictures, and I happen to also have pictures of my completed blanket, since I finished it last night! So, I thought I'd go ahead and do my post today, since tomorrow is looking to be another crazy time. Oh man, down to four weeks to go and the days are filling up fast. Hopefully August 16th will get here before I know it!

Anyway, I digress. Finshed blanket!

Here is a shot of all of the completed squares successfully assembled:


Here is a closeup so you get a better idea of the texture:


Here is the finished object, complete with border:

And, finally, here is a closer look at the border. It kind of mirrors the pattern in the squares a little, though it is hard to see in the photo:


I have enough yarn left over I believe I am going to try to make some matching burp cloths to go with the blanket. So that will probably be my project for this week (perfect for carrying along while I am doing all of my running around). After that I want to go through and organize my stash and start making a "scrap" afghan, made of granny squares using up all of my scrap yarn and such.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a super week!

No comments: