Saturday, June 6, 2009

Finished project and May Squares

Well, I did manage to finish my Blooming Bolero this week. Unfortunately, as I surmised, it did not fit me. There was just something weird going on with the sleeves and shoulders, boo.

Here is a shot of the final product:


Thinking maybe I just was too big for the shoulders to fit correctly, I sent it to my little sis (who is a tiny tiny thing), but she said the shoulders and collar were weird on her too. Dang.

Saving me from feeling completely worthless though, she said that it will, however, make an excellent karate costume for my five year old nephew. Yay!

I think that I might try this pattern again down the road but without the sleeves. Maybe it will work as a vest. Those darn sleeves just didn't want to cooperate with me. They were the root of all evil--on this project at least.

Now I only have one more piece of apparel in my queue, at least. I did go get the yarn for my next project this week, but haven't gotten any farther than that. I am in the middle of having a yard sale this weekend (had the first leg this morning and will also be out there tomorrow), so I have been pretty busy getting things ready for that.

The diagrams in the pattern for this project look much more helpful though, so hopefully it will actually end up being a wearable sweater.

The pattern is the Mesh Cover-Up from the May/June 2008 issue of Crochet Today magazine. The yarn I got is Read Heart's TLC Baby (I wanted something thin and light) in Powder Green and Lovey (for the contrast). At the very least I want to try to get the gauge swatch done for this project this week, though it's looking like it will be another crazy one so I don't know how much else crocheting I will get done.

Also, I think this is the yarn I want to use for the last baby blanket I want to make, so I will be able to see if I like working with it and if so, to use the leftovers to figure out if it will work for what I want to do, yay!

I did also manage to get my June swap square done this week and sent off as well, go me!

And that's about it for over here. As it is the first post of the month, I will wrap things up with last month's swap squares. The May pattern was chosen by my sister and was the Flower Burst by Chris Simon. Can I just say I love this pattern? I am already plotting a "garden" blanket I will be making with it down the road.

My May square:


My sister's May square:


Good stuff, huh?

Anyhoo, I hope you all have a wonderful week! Happy crafting! Now, I am off to bed. I have to get up early for a yard sale in the morning.

Until next time,
C

No comments: