Well, on one hand, I really thought I would only get the gauge swatch done for my new project (the Mesh Cover Up sweater) this week, and I ended up actually starting the sweater. On the other hand, I really didn't get very far at all.
Mostly that's because it was a crazy week, and while I totally started out yesterday intending to work on it, I realized that I really just wanted to veg out and watch tv without thinking about anything else.
This coming week shouldn't be quite so crazy (though it probably won't be that dull either) so I should have time to hopefully get the first piece finished.
Here is a glimpse of the back of the sweater so far (with a Tony deciding to inspect just as I took the picture):
It doesn't look like much at the moment, but hopefully it will turn into a nice comfy sweater I can throw on over tank tops and such.
I did end up going with the hook size called for in the pattern (size E) even though my gauge swatch came out a little bit big. I did a swatch in a hook size smaller that came out to the proper width, but both swatches were too long and the smaller hook wasn't cooperating with the yarn so much. So, bigger hook. I bought a whole extra skein of this yarn and I am thinking that since my last two sweaters came out smaller than anticipated when I was right on with the gauge, maybe using the bigger hook will be to my advantage. This is a sweater that I think will work well even if it is a bit oversized.
So we'll see I guess.
Sigh, my hubby is gone off to Europe for the rest of the month. 16 days 'til he comes back. I think I am going to make it my goal to finish the sweater before his return. We'll see how that goes.
Hope you all have a great one!