Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful day.  

There's not too much to report over here.  I finished my baby's Accepted Blanket this week, and I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  The only real "issue" I have with it is that because I switched to single crochet for the color bands, it pulled in a little on the edges making the center puff up a bit.  But that will hopefully calm down in use and washing.  Other than that I think it's pretty awesome, and I have sealed my kiddo's fate as a nerd before she even has been born.  (Insert evil laugh here.)

Here's a shot of the finished object:


And a closer shot of the color bands:


For anyone that's interested here is how the pattern ended up turning out.  If you want to make your own Accepted blanket you can follow this or if you just want to make your own hexagon baby blanket, this works pretty well and you can play with the colors however.

  1. Chain 3, join with slip stitch to make a ring.
  2. Chain 3, 11 double crochet in ring, join with slip stitch to top of chain 3 (12 dc).
  3. Chain 3, double crochet in same stitch. 2 double crochet in each stitch around, join with slip stitch to top of chain 3 (24 dc).
  4. Chain 3, double crochet in same stitch. 1 double crochet in next stitch, 2 double crochet in next stitch (6 dc over 4 stitches), chain 2.* Repeat from * to ** around, using a double crochet instead of first chain 3, join with slip stitch to top of chain 3 (36 dc, 6 chain 2 spaces).
  5. Rows 4-28: Chain 3, double crochet in each stitch around. Double crochet, chain 2, double crochet in each chain 2 space. Join with slip stitch to top of chain 3 (should increase by 12 dc each row).
  6. Row 29: With Blue, chain 1, single crochet in each stitch around. Single crochet, chain 2, single crochet in each chain 2 space. Join with slip stitch to top of chain 3.
  7. Row 30: Repeat row 29.
  8. Repeat rows 29 and 30 in Green, Yellow, Red, White, Grey, and Brown (2 rows of single crochet for each color).
  9. Finish off, weave in ends.
I used Vanna's Choice yarn and it took four skeins of white and about a third of a skein for each of the other colors, so ten skeins needed in all.  I used a size G hook.  

This week I plan to get my April swap square done and mailed off and also to start on my next baby blanket project.  There are two patterns I am considering for the second baby blanket, I just need to see which will work best for the yarn I've got, so details about that will be forthcomming.

Again, I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Until next time, 
C

1 comment:

Zu said...

Really cute blanket! I like your color choices for the edging. :-)
Happy Easter!