Sunday, March 29, 2009

I may actually be able to pull this off!

So I finished side one of my sweater this week.  Yay!  I am also about a third of the way done with the second side.  So once I get that done I just need to put them together and do the borders, and I'll have a nice new shell, woohoo!  I am super excited that I am actually going to pull this off.  Of course we have yet to see what the finished product will actually look like, but fingers are crossed.

Here's what the first half of it looks like at least:



And in other news, I found out this week that my baby is a girl, yay!  So you may have noticed some rearranging of items in my projects list.  I am definitely going to make the "Accepted's Blanket" for her, and I am making that my next project.  Now I just need to figure out what order the seven bands of color go in (and find a good baby-friendly yarn that comes in all of those colors).  Also, I have to decide whether to make it round or square.  Jury's still out on that one.  Making something big and round that will also stay relatively flat will definitely be a challenge, but it is possible I'm up to it.  We'll just have to see.

I also forsee some cross-stitching in my future.  When I was organizing my non-crochet craft stuff a while back I stumbled across some old school Care Bears cross stitch patterns.  I think baby girl may need a Bedtime Bear cross-stitch hanging for her room.  :o)  Wow, I haven't done/completed a cross-stitch since my nephew was born.  That really will be a challenge.

Well, that's all I've got for this week.  It is possible I'll have the finished sweater for you to view next week, but if not there will at least be the March swap squares to post.  

Have a great one folks!

No comments: