Monday, February 23, 2009

Vacation project!

Well, I'm back from my vacation, yay!  I had a blast visiting with my mom, and I brought back some super special yarn that wanted to come live with me.  I have a few ideas for what to do with it, but we will have to see how those pan out. 

I did get my first Amigurumi done.  Here's a glimpse of him, I think he's pretty cute.  He has gone to live in my penguin pile.  


Here's another shot of him being checked out by my mom's cat Saucey.  She wasn't too sure about me and I am thinking the penguin didn't help much...


It was a good trip.  I got my second Ami penguin started, so I should get that finished up this week maybe.  I have some form of the plague though, so we'll have to see if I can concentrate on anything long enough to work on it.  

My mom works part time at a really nifty yarn store up there in Illinois, Prairie Arts and Fibers, and we did end up spending quite a bit of time there during my trip.  It is a really nifty place!  It is very warm and homey, and you feel very welcome to come in and sit down with your project or ask one of the employees for help/guidance.  Plus, they have coffee and the best tea, and there are cookies.  Oh, and there's also a truly super yarn selection.  I definitely recommend checking it out if you are in the area.  

Well, to wrap up, here is a pic of me and Mom at the store.


And that is all folks.  Have a great one.

No comments: