Saturday, September 20, 2008

The gears are turning...

So, I was visiting one of my company's other locations on Thursday and some of my co-workers noticed my faux vintage purse.  When they commented on it I mentioned that I had made it and they were duly impressed.  In the ensuing discussion I mentioned that I mostly make blankets and one of them asked what I would charge to make a baby blanket because it turns out her sister is expecting.  

Now I seriously do not crochet for any other reason than because I enjoy doing it and because it is something to do with myself while I watch those zillion hours of television a week.  Also, this is one of the few people I work with that I genuinely like, so I of course told her that I would love to make a baby blanket for her pending niece or nephew, and she would just need to pay for or supply the yarn.  

I spent most of the drive back to my office pondering baby blankets.  I think that, depending on what color(s) yarn end up getting chosen, I will either use the pattern I did for my friend's parents or I will use the triangles pattern.  I am very excited about this.  It will probably be a bit before I get started on it because my co-worker is waiting to find out if it is a boy or a girl before she picks out the yarn.  

Whee!  I love happy projects like this.

The Accepted's Blanket is definitely a go in the near future as well.  I think I am going to make it completely round, so I am looking forward to playing with stitches a little to see what will lay flat the best.  



I just finished the last row of my CAL blanket tonight.  The blocks are also all assembled, so I will be spending my non-driving road-trip time tomorrow working on the border.  It's only two rows so that should be finished up hopefully by the time we hit St. Louis.  Then I will be all set to start on my super secret portable project.  The yarn came on Wednesday and I had a hard time not just starting it then.  Ooh, I am excited.  

Isn't it pretty?


I may even throw my Doctor Who Scarves into the bag to work on during the drive home next Sunday, in case projects one and two wrap up as quickly as it seems they might.  Man, I am kind of excited for all of the crocheting I am gonna get done on this vacation.  

Well, until next time, I wish you all well.  

Have a safe and fantastic week!

C

No comments: