Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hop along little Easter Bunny!

Happy Easter everyone! I'm posting a little early this week, since I'll be getting up ridiculously early tomorrow and running around for the first half of the day, and probably collapsing like a flan in a cupboard after that.

Anyhoo, I did manage to get a few things done this week. I finished my step-sister's wedding blanket (mailed it today, in fact). The pattern was the Circles to Squares Afghan from Lionbrand.com. It was made up of squares in three different sizes. Here are what the three different squares look like:


And here's the final project:


(Note the Tony cat coming to investigate. Approximately 1.5 seconds after I snapped this photo there was a cat on the blanket.)

I am really happy with the finished product. I did make it a bit larger than the original pattern calls for--I added 10 squares (1 large, 3 medium, and 6 small). I also did four more rows of border--the pattern calls for just one in the main color--I did two after that in the contrasting color and then another two in the main.

So now that that's out of the way, I can get started on the baby blanket I need to make. I am actually not going to be able to make the baby shower, so I am planning a get together with my friend later on this month. This gives me a little bit of an extension on the project. I may knock my April squares out of the way first and then start in on it.

And finally, I have one other thing for you. I did a quick little mini-project this weekend for a cousin of mine who expressed an interest in my crochet.

In honor of spring, I give you my crocheted daffodil:


I am really happy with how that came out. I've been holding on to that pattern for quite a while (for the flower bit--I improvised the stem and leaves).

So that's all I've got. I hope you are doing well and that you all have a fantastic holiday!

Until next time,
C

No comments: