Sunday, March 28, 2010

It is amazing the difference a week makes.

Seriously folks, I am in such a better place today than I was a week ago. In all aspects of my life I feel like I am much more back on track now.

On the crochet front, things are going swimmingly. I got my sister's swap squares done and sent off. I picked out the yarn for the baby blanket I will start on next week (I am going to actually buy it later this week). I also have made marvelous progress on my step-sister's wedding blanket. I also just realized she's getting married two weeks from yesterday--whoa. I need to go put a wedding card on my shopping list. I should also probably figure out how I am going to mail this thing, eh?

Anyhoo, I am using the pattern Circles to Squares Afghan (available for free at Lionbrand.com). The pattern calls for 24 squares of varying sizes and makes a throw size blanket. I do want this to be a little bit larger than a throw though. So, I bought extra yarn and my first step was to use a larger hook than the pattern calls for (pattern uses a J, I went for a K). After getting all of the squares done, however, and piecing them together, it is still not quite big enough and I still have plenty of yarn leftover, so I am going to add a few more squares: 1 large, 3 medium, and 6 small. I got the large one done yesterday and am going to try to get the medium squares done today and the small tomorrow. If all goes well I should get this blanket finished by Wednesday or Thursday and be able to mail it on Friday. Yay!

Here's a photo of all of the different squares that make up the blanket:


I am really happy with how the colors are coming out.

Well, that's about it for me. This week my goals are to finish this blanket and start on the baby blanket. I may do a quick small project for my cousin as well.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. I can't believe Easter is only a week away! Have a super one!

TTFN,
C

No comments: