Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bring on those May flowers!

Aren't the April showers supposed to stop once May is over?  Why, then, is it still so rainy here, huh?  Sigh.  Oh well--I shouldn't complain.  Once June hits we'll be lucky to get regular rain here at all, and on the plus side, for the most part I can now actually avoid going out in the rain if I don't want to.  So I should just accept it, right?  Right?  Um, yeah...anyhoo.

First post of the month, so it's time to reveal the squares my sister and I swapped for April.  The pattern was one of my favorites, Windowpane, by the super talented Chris Simon.  

Here is my contribution:


And my sister's:


For May we are using another Chris Simon pattern.  This time it will be Flower Burst, which is appropriate, assuming the rain ever stops long enough for the flowers to actually come out and play!

In other project news, I don't have any pictures of the baby blanket I have been working on but I am done with the main body of the blanket (and very happy with how it turned out).  Now all I have left is the border,  so I hope to get that up later this week.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Take care.

No comments: