Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Really, I'm still here.

Eep, sorry to disappear on you for a bit there, folks.  It's been a bit nuts.

Here's a quick update on my current project.  I have eight squares and the border left to do for my step-father's blanket.  I am hoping to get this completed by the end of the week.  I just took last week off for no good reason.  Well, okay, actually I was cleaning the house most of the week, but still.  

Here's a picture of the blanket so far, so you can get an idea of what it will look like:


I have all of the multi squares finished and joined together, as well as the top and bottom rows of solid grey.  I just need to finish the two side rows.  I have four squares of one side done, I just need to do two more and join it to the rest of the blanket then do the other side.  

After that I can do my February square for the swap my sister and I are doing.  

Next up is a one-skein project for an event my mom's yarn store in Illinois is having next month.  I am going up to visit her and it turns out that I will be there during the event so she sent me a lovely skein of yarn if I'd like to participate.  I think I am going to try to make wrist warmers, but we shall see.  

I also have another small project I would like to make before I head up to see my mom, but more on that later.

Also, yesterday my yarn came for my next round of projects!  I have decided to give Amigurumi (those little Japanese critters) a try.  I've got supplies and patterns for two different penguins and a giraffe.  Sweet.  

I also ordered some of Lion Brand Studio's new cotton-bamboo yarn to try to make a shell.  It is super soft and silky, I am excited to try to work with it.  

So I definitely have enough to keep myself busy.  Guess I need to go get on that, huh?  

I hope you all are doing well!  

Take care,
C

No comments: