Sunday, January 4, 2009

Quick update...

Hello and happy 2009!

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season and is recovering nicely.  

I don't have a whole lot going on at the moment crochet-wise, but I thought I'd give you the rundown of where I am at the moment.

The big thing is that my sister and I have decided to do our own square swap this year.  We are going to take turns  picking out the pattern each month and we'll do the same square but surprise each other with the yarn/color.  Here is the square she picked out for this month.  I got mine done on Friday and will be mailing it out to her soon, though I probably won't post my picture until the end of the month (I want her to get to see it first).  I am totally stoked about this.  I already have three of my six patterns picked out, and am excited to get to look through the big book of squares I bought last year for the other three to try.  Also, I will have a really awesome and special blanket at the end of the year now.  

My next project on the table is another baby blanket.  A friend had a baby on Christmas day and I want to send her something.  I have a really spiffy pattern I found in one of my sister's crochet magazines when I was visiting back in September that I want to try.  Hopefully pictures will be forthcoming.

After that, well I really am going to try my hand at a sweater, though you may have noticed I rearranged the sweaters on my progress list.  I am going to try the easiest one first and see how that come out.  You know, the way I would have tried doing it first if I was smart.  

I did officially frog the Doctor Who scarves project.  Maybe one day I'll come back to that but for now the inspiration just isn't there.  

So that's where I am at.  I hope everyone is as excited about their projects in the coming year as I am!  

Have a super day folks,
C

No comments: