Sunday, November 9, 2008

Babies Galore!

Okay, so you may remember me mentioning a while back that a friend at work asked me to make a baby blanket for her pending niece/nephew.  Well, this has somehow morphed into three baby blankets for children of her various siblings.  But hey, I like a challenge, so I was game.  

Well, I now finally have (almost) all of the supplies assembled, and enough to actually begin the blankets.  I am making two variations on the Triangles afghan pattern.  I have dropped a row from the original pattern and changed up its color scheme, but otherwise I will actually be following the pattern.  I am kind of excited about that, actually, because while I've adapted the squares this pattern calls for quite often, I've yet to actually make a blanket using the pattern itself.  

So I am all set this afternoon to get started, huzzah!

To give you an idea of what my alterations to the pattern will look like, here are the "maps" I've drawn up for myself.  

This is for the pattern using yellow as the primary color.  I will be making one in this color scheme.

Here are the colors for that scheme.  Well, almost, I realized after I had already uploaded the pictures that this one has green in it instead of blue, but imagine that the green skein is the blue seen further down and you'll have the idea.
Here's the map for the blanket that will be primarily green.  I am making two of these.

Here are the colors for this scheme (and hey, they're all correct in this photo, yay).

I think this is going to come out really well.  I will keep you updated as it progresses.  

I hope all is well in your world!

Until next time, 
C

No comments: