Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ooh, ooh! I finished something!

So I am going to take a break in my ongoing litany of previously completed projects to show you the one I just finished tonight. This is a wedding present for a friend of mine. Hopefully she likes it as much as I enjoyed making it!

Introducing the "Snowflake Throw"


This blanket is based on a pattern created by Nanette M. Seale and published in Leisure Arts' 1997 Contest Favorites Afghan Squares.





It is made primarily using the puff stitch and double crochet. It was super simple once I got the hang of the puff stitch, and very quick to make.
















I built the blanket making nine "blocks" of four squares surrounded by two rows of double crochet in a contrasting color. For the main color I used Red Heart Country Blue and I used Red Heart White for the contrast.






After I put together all of my blocks, I bordered them with another two rows of double crochet in the white, and then did an edge row with the puff stitch in every other space. You can see the border a bit in this photo:


So there you go, there's one project off of my list. Of course, I've already thought of another two to add to it, but I guess that's how it goes, huh?

In other news, I got my invite to Ravelry today. You'll find me under AtlantisDragonGrl. Of course, I have to go join Flikr now so I can upload photos, and that's probably a project for tomorrow night.

Until next time, I wish you all a safe and happy week.

Take care,
C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's beautiful!

I'm off to find instructions for the puff stitch.