Sunday, December 14, 2008

On to the next one.

Yay!  I've finished with the baby blankets and moved on to my next project.  This one is a Christmas present for my co-worker.  

This is a pretty easy project, and I am really pleased with how it's working up so far.  I hope to get it done by next weekend, Monday night at the latest.  

The blanket is just one big granny square.  But the twist is that I am using two strands of yarn at once.  I am making it in black and turquoise, using a size K hook.

It is turning out as a nice solid thick blanket, which is exactly what I hoped for.  And the double strand effect looks really spiffy.  

Here are a few shots so you can see:



Also, since my co-worker has a cat, Wally has taken it upon himself to test-drive the blanket for Skittles.  I think he approves:


And yes, rest assured, I will be washing this before it goes to its new owner.  

Anyhoo, hope all is well with you guys.  Have a great week!

C

No comments: