Sunday, July 20, 2008

Round and round she goes...

Howdy! I hope everyone had a good week. Crochet-wise, mine was pretty darn good. We won't talk about how it was work-wise though.

Anyhoo, I have started my Circles to Squares Afghan project and am very pleased with how it's turning out so far. I've completed round one (16 teeny squares) and round two (5 medium squares) so far.



Round three (3 mondo squares) will commence this evening. I definitely should get all of the squares done this week and hopefully assembly finished by the weekend. All in all, this seems to be a pretty quick working blanket which is nice.

I did have to use a smaller hook size than what's called for in the pattern. In order to keep to gauge, I've dropped down to a size H hook. Wow, I feel so grown up, sticking to gauge. I guess that is both the downside and upside to ordering your yarn online, huh?

I am also starting to get excited about my Doctor Who inspired scarf (and the miniature version I will be making for Mr. Picasso Pants). I say "inspired" because a) I will be crocheting and not knitting it, and b) I am going to use my scrap yarn rather than buying the specific colors used in the original scarf. After doing my yarn inventory and seeing all of the different colors I have, I am looking forward to getting started on this project.

The only other thing I've got to share at the moment is that I got a new crochet book this week.
200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match by Jan Eaton. I am super excited to play with the patterns in here. This is the kind thing that makes me do my happy dance. My sister has been telling me about this book for a while and mentioned a bit back that it was on sale at Interweave's hurt book sale, but by the time I got to the site it was sold out. I thought I'd check for it on Amazon though, and since they had it for a decent price I ended up going ahead and ordering it. Good stuff.
So there's your weekly installment of Crocheting with Cori. I hope you all have a wonderful week. May you each find your own cause of your personal happy dance!

Laters,
C

No comments: